Applying for a BPI Savings Account can be easily done nowadays. Whether you’ll be needing it to save up some cash, send remittances, pay bills, or to do some shopping, having a BPI Savings account will prove to be very useful in your day-to-day activities, whatever your lifestyle may be.
With a number of available products and services out there, what makes a BPI savings account stand out from the rest? Convenience. Gone were the days when you had to line up in a queue at the bank to perform your account transactions. Through the internet and smart technology, you can easily process your transactions through your BPI’s mobile banking or online banking. If you’re interested on how to open a savings account with BPI, here’s how:
Applying for a BPI Savings Account
All the information gathered here was taken from the official BPI website. For more information on BPI’s savings account/s, click here.
When you open a regular savings account with BPI, you are entitled to the following perks and services:
- An initial deposit of only Php 500.00.
- The required minimum monthly average daily balance (ADB) to avoid penalties/fees is Php 3,000.
- The required minimum daily balance to earn interest is Php 5,000.
- An annual interest rate of 0.250%
- Access to over 3,000 BPI Express Teller, Bancnet, and Expressnet ATMs all over the country, and to over 800,000 Cirrus ATMs worldwide.
- Fast and easy cash transfer by enrolling your recipient’s BPI accounts.
- Conveniently reload your mobile phone and prepaid card accounts thru BPI’s 24/7 banking services.
- Easy shopping in over 200 BPI partner merchants such as Emall, Gaisano malls, SM malls and outlets, Robinson’s malls, appliance centres, and gasoline stations thru the bills payment enrolment facility.
- Enjoy cashless purchases in over 40,000 Express Payment System (EPS) authorized merchants nationwide. No payment enrolment required.
- Any two (2) of the following government-issued valid IDs:
- Driver’s license
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Barangay Clearance
- Police/NBI Clearance
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- And so on…
- Two (2) pcs 2 x 2 coloured photographs
- Proof of billing / Billing Statement (e.g. electricity, water, telephone/internet, credit card bills)
- [NEW] Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Go to the nearest BPI branch in your area and bring all the above-listed requirements.
- Proceed to the New Accounts desk. Inform the bank officer that you would like to open a regular savings account.
- The bank officer will then provide you a set of application forms that you need to fill out completely in order to proceed with your application. Be sure to review your information before you submit the forms along with the required documents.
- Pay the initial deposit required (Php 500.00) to open a regular savings account. Keep the deposit slip which will be issued to you by the bank officer.
- You will be advised as to when you can collect your ATM card and account documents. This may take a day or even up to three days. You can ask for the officer’s contact information so that you can follow up on the status of your account and know when you can visit the bank to get your documents.
- To maximize your BPI banking experience, ask the officer as to how you can enrol your account in their online banking facility. This will prove to be very useful on your part so it’s highly advisable to take advantage of this service.