For Filipinos currently living in Singapore and wish to enter into marriage, the following documents must be submitted to the Philippine Embassy. Below is a guide to help you what documents you need to submit and fulfill.
Ensure that you comply with the papers to have a smooth processing of your marriage report.
Marriage Guidelines at the Philippine Embassy in Singapore
Original and one (1) photocopy should be submitted to the embassy upon application for marriage license. Original documents will be returned to the contracting parties after solemnization of marriage.
- Application Form – Download here
- Duly authenticated Certificate of “No Record of Previous Marriage” (printed on security paper) obtained from the National Statistics Office (NSO)
- Solemnization Fee to be paid in Cash total of S$229.50 (S$102.00-Solemnization Fee / S$85.00- Application Fee / Marriage License Fee S$42.50)
- Duly authenticated Certificate of Live Birth (printed on security paper) obtained from NSO w/ Address at:
East Avenue, Quezon City (in front of SSS Bldg.) Tel. No. (632) 927-8672
NSO Hotline (Teleserve) (632) 737-1111
Internet page: www.census.gov.ph
Note: The above mentioned documents should be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs’ Authentication Division located at the following:
DFA Office of Consular Affairs
ASEANA Macapagal Ave cor. Bradco Ave. Paranaque City
Tel No.: (632) 834-4000/ 651-9413
Internet page: www.dfa.gov.ph
Guidelines and Requirements for Filipinos Processing a Report of Marriage at the Philippine Embassy Singapore
1. For a contracting party whose previous marriage was annulled by court:
- Copy of the court decision declaring the annulment of marriage
- Copy of the NSO registered marriage contract with the previous spouse containing marginal note of the annulment authenticated by the DFA
2. For a contracting party who is a widow or widower
- Copy of the former spouse’s NSO registered death certificate authenticated by the DFA
- Proof of Philippine Citizenship of Contracting Parties – photocopy of first page of Philippine passport where applicant’s photograph personal particulars are indicated.
- Both parties are required to personally file their application of Marriage License
- Two (2) witnesses above 21 years old, preferably one (1) male and one (1) female to be present during the Solemnization of Marriage. Complete names of the abovementioned witnesses can be submitted during the ten (10) day waiting period.
3. IF ONE PARTY IS A FOREIGNER, the marriage can be solemnized at the Singapore Registry of Marriages (ROM). Details may be gathered at their website,www.rom.gov.sg
- If either or both of the contracting parties are between 18 to 21 years old, an Affidavit of Consent executed by the parents of the contracting parties should be presented to the Consular Officer.
- If either or both of the contracting parties are between 21-25 years old, written proof of Parental Advice should be presented to the Consular Officer.
Note: After submission of requisite documents by both contracting parties, a ten (10) day publication of “The Intent to Marry” by both parties shall be posted at the Embassy. If there are no objections received, the Solemnization of Marriage will be performed by the Consul General or Consul of the Embassy on a scheduled date usually on Friday after 4:00 p.m. within the Embassy premises. Contracting parties as well as their guests are requested to be in their semi-formal attire.
Philippine Embassy – Singapored
Address: 20 Nassim Road, Singapore 258395 – Location Map
Trunk line: +65 6737 3977 Fax: +65 6733 9544
Office Hours: Mondays to Fridays 9:00 am-5:00 pm (except Holidays)
Other Helpful Articles:
- Embassy Information during holidays and other contact information.
- Amendment of Passport Details
- Frequestly Asked Questions on Passport Renewal