If you’re looking for a commercial bank such as BPI and BDO to open a savings account with, then you have got to include Metrobank on your “to check out” list. Being one of the largest banks in the country with over a thousand ATMs and branches nationwide, Metrobank has plenty of services to offer to help you with your financial goals and needs.
Besides its market presence and stability, Metrobank offers a variety of financial services such as personal banking and insurance products. If you’re interested in opening a savings account with Metrobank, here’s how:
Applying for a Metrobank Savings Account
Opening a savings account with Metrobank entitles you to the following perks and services:
- An initial deposit and minimum maintaining balance of only Php 2,000.
- The minimum balance to earn interest is Php 10,000.
- Annual interest rate of 0.125%
- You can access the funds through the ATM or debit cards.
- With Metrobank ATM account, pay your bills and shop anywhere in the country at point-of-sale (POS) terminals without having to carry cash with you
- Funds of up to Php 500,000 get insured by the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC).
- Any two (2) of the following government-issued valid IDs with photograph:
- Voter’s ID
- PRC License
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- Barangay Clearance
- NBI / Police Clearance
- SSS / GSIS Card
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- And others
- Two (2) recent and identical copies of your 1 x 1 or 2 x 2 photo
- A copy of your utility bill (e.g. electricity, water, landline/internet, and credit card bills, etc.)
- Your initial deposit of at least Php 2,000.
- Your personal TIN or SSS number.
- Visit your preferred Metrobank branch and have all the above-listed requirements with you and proceed to the New Accounts desk.
- Ask assistance from the bank officer and fill out the necessary application forms to begin the process for opening an account. Make sure to review all the information that you indicate in your forms so as to save time and avoid any hassle in the process.
- After you submit your application form and requirements, wait for the bank officer to review and verify the details on your application form and documents.
- Pay the initial deposit fee and keep the deposit slip that will be issued to you. You will need this along with a valid ID for the collection of your ATM card and account documents.
Note: It usually takes about 5 to 7 days before your ATM card is released. Just ask the bank officer as to when you need to collect your card.