Starting this month, OFWs all over the world will adopt a new ID which will replace the Oversees Employment Certificate (OEC) according to a press release issued by the Department of Labour and Employment (DOLE) last July 4 at Malacanang.
With the implementation of the new ID of DOLE, also known as iDOLE, OFWs can expect a more convenient way for them to process their Pag-Ibig Fund, Social Security System (SSS), and Philippine Health Insurance Corporation transactions.
DOLE to launch new unified ID for OFWs this July
Another development which the government is looking at in about six months’ time from its launch date is the possibility of turning the iDOLE into a passport for OFWs according to Labor Secretary Sivestre Bello. In order to make the transition seamless and to make the issuance of the iDOLE as hassle-free as possible, DOLE will closely collaborate with the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA). Bello assured current OFWs that they do not need to undergo application for the said ID since they are already included in the OFW roster and will be given their respective IDs as soon as they have been duly verified and processed. Here is a quick step-by-step guide for you to get your OFW ID card:
- Visit the main office of DOLE or any nearby regional branch.
- Present a primary or secondary identification document to validate your OFW legitimacy status.
Note: It is highly advisable that you be physically present when processing your iDOLE since the new ID system cannot be accessed and processed online as of yet, and verification procedures can only be done physically.
- Look for the officer-in charge for the processing of the new iDOLE card.
- Be prepared with your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and present it to the OIC as needed. This step is necessary to prove that it is your first time to process and claim your iDOLE OFW card. This will prevent any possible redundancies in the process.
- Once you have presented the necessary documents, the OIC will then verify your information in the official OFW roster.
- Once verification has been completed, the official processing of your iDOLE OFW card and iDOLE OFW number will begin.
- Wait for the processing period. Once it’s finished, you will be given your new iDOLE OFW ID.
With the advent of new technologies and enhanced record-tracking systems supported by the government, OFWs can expect easier document processing even though they are miles and miles away from their homeland.