The OFW population in Singapore is growing and for those who need to renew their passport in Singapore, you can refer to the article below for the steps. It is important to renew your passport before it expires to avoid any delay or problems when traveling.
We have a Philippine Embassy in Singapore located at Nassim Road where you can apply for a new passport.
Steps to Apply or Renew your Philippine Passport in Singapore:
Step 1 : BOOK AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE. Choose an available date & time on the Philippine Embassy Consulate in SG site. Click Here to book an appointment.
STEP 2: DOCUMENTS TO PREPARE. Download the e-Passport Application Form (click here, secure a photocopy your old passport and your IC Card.
STEP 3: DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT DAY. Follow these points:
- Bring a print out of the confirmation message that you have received on your email.
- Look presentable. No sleeveless/slippers are allowed at any government offices. It’s advisable to wear a shirt with collar. No jewelry.
- Present your appointment slip to the reception. You will be given a colored card for your slot number and time. Afterwards, proceed to Window 8 and wait for the number to be called. When it’s your turn, present your documents for verification.
STEP 4: DATA ENCODING & PAYMENT. Staff will do data encoding, biometrics and taking of your photo. Verify your personal information if they are correct, then proceed to Payment of S$102.00 CASH ONLY. You will be given a receipt and a collection slip. Keep the collection slip as you will need it to claim your passport (Approximately 10 WEEKS).
STEP 5: CLAIMING OF PASSPORT:
- Release of passport may take approximately 10 WEEKS.
- Bring your OLD PASSPORT on the claiming day.
- Present claiming slip to reception and go to window 11 to claim passport.
POINTS TO REMEMBER:
- When you book an appointment, fill up your information especially your email address properly as this is where the confirmation message will be sent. A simple mistake of leaving out a single letter or punctuation mark such as a period in inputting your email address will invalidate it. There are also cases when the confirmation message goes into the spam folder of your email account, depending on your email account settings. So Check your SPAM Folder.
- For Household service workers: (domestic helpers) are also required to submit a copy of their verified Employment Contract. For HSWs who left the Philippines as undocumented workers because they were not processed by POEA, they must submit this Employment Contract for verification and authentication of the Embassy, and at the same time pay OWWA & Pag-ibig membership fees at the Embassy’s Labor Section in order to regularize their status of employment. This is a requirement in the renewal of their passports. Click here for more information especially for the employers.
Philippine Embassy Singapore
Location: 20 Nassim Road, Singapore 258395
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am-5:00 pm (Except Holidays)
Trunk Line: +65 6737 3977 Fax: +65 6733 9544
Other Helpful Articles: