With the changes in the economic environment worldwide, every working individual, including us Filipinos, need to start taking charge of our finances through consistent saving and smart investment. One important way to do this is by opening your personal savings account.
While considered as relatively new in the field, Chinabank has already positioned itself among one of the largest thrift banks in the Philippines today. With over 150 service branches all over the country and a robust platform for retail banking, auto, education, housing, and enterprise financing, Chinabank has extended its services to the growing and changing needs of a wide range of consumers as well as in the field of Small and Medium Enterprise (SME). If you are interested to open a savings account with Chinabank, here’s how:
Applying for a Chinabank Savings Account
When you sign up for a Chinabank Savings Account, you are entitled to the following perks and services:
- Low initial deposit and minimum maintaining balance of Php 500.
- With a monthly minimum balance of Php 1,000, an Easi-Save account will earn interest at 0.50% per annum.
- Over 160 ATM locations where you can perform basic account transactions such as checking your account balance, making deposits and/or withdrawals, transferring funds, paying bills, and shopping via BancNet partner merchants.
- Two (2) pieces recent 1×1 photos
- Original and clear copy/ies of at least one (1) of the following government-issued IDs:
- Voter’s ID
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- Professional Regulations Commission (PRC) License Card
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Barangay Certification
- Government Service and Insurance System (GSIS) e-Card
- Social Security System (SSS) Card
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) ID
- Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) ID
- Seaman’s Book
- Senior Citizen Card
- And others…
- [NEW] Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Visit your preferred Chinabank branch and bring all the above-listed requirements for opening an Easi-Save Account.
- Proceed to the New Accounts section and inform the bank officer that you would like to apply for an Easi-Save Account.
- Fill out all the application forms that you will be provided with.
Note: Make sure to review all the information you have provided in your application form to avoid any hassle in the processing of your application.
- Submit the forms along with the required documents as well as the initial deposit for your savings account of choice.
- Once your application has been reviewed and verified, the bank officer will inform you as to when you may return for the collection of your ATM card from the same branch.
Note: This usually takes about 3-5 days or as per advice by your chosen Chinabank branch.