If you’ve been dreaming to catch a perfect view of the sunrise or sunset anywhere in the world, then you might want to consider packing your bags and head for the charming and enchanting city of Siem Reap in the Kingdom of Cambodia where you can find the world-famous Angkor Wat.
While Cambodia is just a two-hour flight away from Singapore, you will still need to file a visa application to get there, as you would in other neighbouring countries in the region such as Japan. And if you aren’t too sure about using the e-visa or the visa-on-arrival service, you can always course your visa application process through the Royal Embassy of Cambodia here in Singapore. Here’s how:
Phlippine passport holders or any National coming from any ASEAN country (i.e. Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, Malaysia, and Singapore) need not apply for a Cambodia Visa due to the visa-exemption agreement observed by all ASEAN member countries. This article aims to help those who will need to apply for a visa prior to visiting the country.
Applying for a Cambodia Tourist Visa in Singapore
Here are the general requirements and steps to apply for a 30-day visit visa in Cambodia.
- Two (2) completely filled-out copies of your visa application form
- Two (2) recent passport size photos
- Your valid and original passport with at least 6 months validity
- S$36 for the visa fee (may be paid in cash)
- Visit the Royal Embassy of Cambodia in Singapore and fill out the visa application form(s). Submit all the required documents for your visa application as detailed above.
The Royal Embassy of Cambodia can be located at:
Royal Embassy of Cambodia in Singapore
#10-03/04 Orchard Towers, 400 Orchard Road
- Pay the tourist visa fee of S$36 in cash.
- Keep your payment receipt and get instructions as to when you may return for the collection of your passport, and visa (once granted).
Note: The Cambodian visa application process usually takes 3 business days. However, there is also an option for rush applications for an additional corresponding fee of S$20 per application.
Other Important Notes:
- Submission of visa application is strictly between 9:00 am until 12:00 pm only. Visa and passport collection is done from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Please be guided accordingly.
- A Cambodia Tourist Visa is valid for three months upon date issued.
- The Royal Embassy of Cambodia also handles the processing of Cambodia business visas, with the following requirements:
- A letter of invitation from a business based in Cambodia. The letter should specify the complete contact details of your Cambodian business sponsor.
- A visa processing fee of S$45
- Cambodian business visas allow multiple entries and may be applied for extensions for a fee of S$60 (3 months), S$100 (6 months), and S$180 (1 year).
Address of the Royal Embassy of Cambodia in Singapore
400 Orchard Road, # 10-03/04 Orchard Towers, 238875
Tel. No.: 6341-9785