Things to Know When Applying for a Long-term Visit Pass in Singapore

Foreign employees based in Singapore who wish to bring their family or dependents in the country will need to be assessed for eligibility to apply for a long-term visit pass.

ALSO READ: How to Apply for Permanent Residency in Singapore

A long-term visit pass is usually availed upon request by a foreign employee based in Singapore through their employer (sponsor) to bring in their family/dependents to stay with them in the medium or long term. However, there are certain criteria that need to be met on the part of the applicant as well as their dependent/s. Continue to read below to find out more.

What You Need to Know When Applying for a Long-term Visit Pass in Singapore
Credits: Wikimedia Commons

How to Apply for a Long-Term Visit Pass (for Employees) in Singapore

A foreign employee may apply for a Long Term Visit Pass for their family if they meet these eligibility requirements, as stated by the Ministry of Manpower:

  • Holder of an Employment or S Pass
  • A fixed monthly salary of at least SGD 6,000.
  • Under the sponsorship of an established, Singapore-registered company (usually the employer)

Eligible applicants can get a pass for the following family members:

  • Common-law spouse
  • Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years of age
  • Unmarried step-children below 21 years of age
  • Parents (only for those earning a fixed monthly salary of at least $12,000)


  • Long-term visit pass application for each dependent
  • Copies of passport details
  • Birth or marriage certificates (where applicable)

Additional Requirements per Category:

  1. Common-law spouse: Any of the following documents
    • Copy of the common law marriage certificate
    • A letter issued by the embassy acknowledging the common law relationship of the work pass holder (WPH) and their spouse, as recognized under the laws of their country
    • An affidavit from the WPH declaring that the WPH and spouse are in a common-law relationship under the laws of their country. The affidavit must also be notarised in that same country.
  2. Unmarried handicapped children above 21 years of age: A letter or report from a medical practitioner on the child’s condition.
  3. Unmarried stepchildren under 21 years of age:
    • A copy of the court order sanctioning the child’s custody
    • A letter from the other biological parent stating there is no objection to bringing the child to Singapore
    • Verification of Vaccination Requirements issued by the Health Promotion Board (HPB) for foreign-born children who meet the following conditions:
      • Aged 12 years and below
      • Applying for a new LTVP (including those whose LTVPs have expired or have been cancelled for more than 30 days)

Note: Existing Dependent Pass (DP), LTVP, and Student’s Pass Holders are not required to submit this document (c).

  1. Parents: A copy of the work pass holder’s birth certificate that states the names of the parents.


STEP 1: Fill out the Long Term Visit Pass Application Form and include the supporting documents indicated in the document.

STEP 2: Submit the application along with the supporting documents over the counter at any SingPost branch.

STEP 3: Pay SGD 105 for each application. You can pay by cash, NETS, or CashCard. Remember to keep the payment advice slip given to you as proof of your submission.

STEP 4: Request for the pass to be issued. For this step, the applicant must be in Singapore to claim the pass.

  1. Log in to EP Online to make the request and submit the supporting documents.
  2. Pay the applicable fees using GIRO, eNETS credit or debit:
    • SGD 225 for each pass
    • SGD 30 for each Multiple Journey Visa (where applicable)
  3. Once the pass has been issued, print the notification letter.
    • The letter has to be given to the foreigner. This will allow them to travel in and out of Singapore while they wait for their pass card to be issued.
    • The letter will specify whether or not the foreigner needs to register their fingerprints and have their photo taken.
    • The letter is valid for 1 month from the date of issue.

What You’ll Need for the Pass to be Issued:

  • The foreigner’s passport details
  • Details of the foreigner’s current Short Term Visit Pass or immigration pass.
  • The foreigner’s residential address in Singapore
  • A local address where the card can be delivered by post
  • Contact details of at least one authorised recipient to receive an SMS or e-mail alert with delivery details.
  • Other documents (pdf copies) which may be requested:
    • Disembarkation/Embarkation card (immigration white card)
    • Completed medical examination form or health declaration form
    • Completed declaration form attached with the foreigner’s in-principle approval letter

STEP 5: Register fingerprints and photo. Check the letter of notification issued to know whether the foreigner needs to register fingerprints and have their photo taken. First-time applicants or those whose last registration was more than 5 years ago will need to register.

  • For the registration process, the foreigner must set an appointment first to know when and where they will visit the designated MOM centre.
  • The foreigner must provide the following documents on their appointment date:
    • Original passport.
    • Appointment letter.
    • Notification letter
    • Documents listed in the IPA letter and notification letter.

STEP 6: Collect the LTVP card. Expect the card to be delivered to the specified address in the foreigner’s application form 4 working days after the foreigner registers and gets their documents verified.

Note: If the foreigner does not need to register (Step 5), the card will be delivered four working days after checking the documents.

The authorized recipient will be notified via SMS or e-mail with the delivery details at least a day before the scheduled delivery.

Disclaimer: The information in this article may be used for reference, but information may change without prior notice. You can check with the Ministry of Manpower website for the latest updates, or if you have any specific inquiries regarding this process.