How to File a Complaint against Employer for Delay in Salary

Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who are covered by the Singapore Employment Act may file a claim against their employer through the help of the Ministry of Manpower (MOM). This procedure can be done either online or by booking an appointment.

Delays in salary payment may be settled in amicable terms in reasoning by both parties whereas non-payment of salary is considered an offence. Such cases can be dealt with by filing a claim at the Tripartite Alliance for Dispute Management (TADM) when assistance from a labour union does not apply to you. Here’s how:

Non-payment of salary is an offence in Singapore. – MOM

Filing a Salary Claim in Singapore

[Disclaimer: The purpose of this article is for information-sharing only. If you have specific inquiries regarding your rights and other work-related concerns, you may check with the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and see which of their services best applies in your case.]

To file a claim for mediation through the TADM, you need to have a SingPass to avail this service online or book an appointment to proceed with your case.

What claims are eligible for this service?

All salary-related claims which involve any or a combination of the below items:

  • Salary
  • Overtime Pay
  • Paid leave or Sick leave
  • Bonuses, deductions, and commissions

When should I file a claim?

You will need to file a claim based on the following scenarios:

If you are still employed by the company: within a year after the dispute arose.

If resigned/separated: within 6 months since the last day of employment

Information you will need [Requirements]:

  • Company name, mailing address, and contact number
  • Your contact details including e-mail address
  • Employment dates, designated position, and monthly salary
  • Credit or debit card details or internet banking user ID and PIN for payment.
  • Other supporting documents you may need:
    • Employment contract or key employment terms
    • Other relevant documents to support your claim (e.g., CPF statement, pay slips/ salary payment records and/or termination letter)

What are the Registration Fees for Mediation:

$10 – for claims worth $10,000 or less

$20 – for claims exceeding $10,000

Note: Fees are non-refundable and are classified based on the declared amount you wish to claim.

How to pay the Registration Fees:

You may pay the registration fees through the following methods:

  • Visa/ MasterCard credit or debit cards.
  • eNETS via online banking offered by Citibank, DBS, OCBC, UOB, or Standard Chartered.

Note: Payment has to be made within three days from date of registration. You will receive a confirmation e-mail within 3 days of payment as well as a detailed guide on the following steps regarding the dispute resolution process.

Whether or not you reach an agreement/settlement with your employer, knowing the process you can take when worse becomes worst gives you legal direction and alternative/s in resolving your case which you may need to look into for future reference.