Working abroad as an OFW is one thing, but taking care of your finances back home is another. Considering all these pressures at work and back home, you need to find a financial partner like Metrobank who understands your goals and priorities for yourself as well as your beneficiaries back home.
Metrobank is one of the largest commercial banks in the Philippines today, and it offers various programs which are especially designed for OFWs and their beneficiaries back home. If you would like to open a Metrobank OFW Savings Account, here’s how:
Applying for a Metrobank OFW Savings Account
Here are some of the attractive features offered by Metrobank with their OFW Savings Account:
- Zero initial deposit and maintaining balance for an OFW regular Savings Account
- A Php 10,000 minimum maintaining balance to earn interest
- 250% annual interest rate
- Documentation available in the form of either a Passbook or ATM Card
- Any valid government-issued ID with photograph such as:
- Driver’s license
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Barangay Clearance
- Police/NBI Clearance
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- And so on…
- Two (2) copies of your recent 2 x 2 photograph
- [Optional] A letter of endorsement
- Visit the nearest Metrobank service branch or Remittance Partner in your country of residence.
- Advise the bank officer that would like to open an OFW savings account. For this type of account, you will not be required for any initial deposit fee as mentioned above.
- Fill out the account opening form and submit the requirement(s) to apply for an OFW savings account.
Important: Make sure that you review all the information you indicate in your application form. To avoid any hassle in the verification and processing of your account.
- After you have submitted all forms along with the required document(s), you will be issued ether an ATM card or a passbook.