With the advancement of communication and technology nowadays especially in a tech-forward country such as Singapore, the adjustment of living away from home has been so much easier for travellers and expats. Not to mention the fact that many apps are being created on a daily basis for practically every need and to aid for convenience. In this post, we will explore the most useful apps for living in Singapore.
Before we give you the rundown of the most helpful apps for your stay in the Lion City, it’s good to know that Singapore is ranked 1st in mobile app economy which only shows how the use of apps is deeply embedded in the Singaporean way of life.
A Complete Guide of the Most Helpful Mobile Apps in Singapore
Keep your smartphones and gadgets ready as we take a look at the list of the most helpful apps to have when in Singapore:
- Food Places and Delivery
For the uninitiated or fans of express and takeaway meals, here are some of the must-have apps for your late-night cravings and on-the-spot food trips.
- Openrice: provides an extensive listing of popular restaurants and food places including monthly freebies and cheap promotions.
- Burrple: lets you gain access to reliable food reviews of some of the newest and hottest food joints in the city.
- Foodpanda: One of the more popular takeaway and delivery apps on the island. With its easy-to-view menus and order options, expect to have good food quickly delivered right at your doorstep.
- Deliveroo: shows nearby local restaurants within your postal code area for quick and easy door-to-door food delivery.
- UberEats: partners with a ton of local food shops within your postcode range for online food delivery service.
- Chope: makes booking for diners easy and quick. It also lets you check the restaurant’s complete menu, compare food prices and popular food recommendations.
- Public Transportation
In a city where public transportation is given high priority as in Singapore, it’s a must to keep these apps to make sure your commuting experience is as convenient as possible.
- EZ Link: In Singapore, you can avail contactless stored value cards which you can use to ride public transport such as buses and trains. This app lets you monitor your credits and transactions for the past three months and avail of promos and discounts on your next ride.
- SGBuses: If you’re feeling pressed for time and would like to take the closest bus stop to get to your destination or if you want to find out which route and buses you need to get on if you’re still new in the city, then this is just what you need.
- Singapore MRT Map: The app lets users get access to Singapore’s most updated LRT and MRT maps.
- Taxi Services
- Uber: The international car booking service has also reached the shores of the Lion City. Get the app to get around Singapore with ease and convenience.
- ComfortDelGro: Use this app to conveniently book rides with two of Singapore’s biggest cab companies: Comfort and City Cab.
- GrabTaxi: Book your taxi ride and get the full details of your estimated trip fare, as well as your driver’s profile. The app also lets you rate your ride experience afterwards.
- SMRT Taxi: offers a variety of taxi vehicles- from practical to luxurious, even a ride for persons on motorized wheelchair without having them to transfer seats. Best for airport pickups.
- Travel and Navigation
- iChangi: If you’re one of those people who look at flight schedules frequently, then this app could just be your potential best friend as it provides up-to-date info on flight departures and arrivals so you don’t have to worry about getting way too early for your flight or having to wait for hours to pick someone at the airport.
- SG Traffic News: A reliable news app with lots of timely traffic updates such as road blocks and accidents in the area that could delay your trip.
- Singapore Checkpoint Traffic: This app is highly beneficial for those who live over the border area as it provides helpful traffic updates at the junctions between Singapore and Malaysia.
- Gothere: An app designed for any newbie who’s trying to get around the city. Provides easy-to-understand route options for convenient navigation.
- MyTransport Singapore: an all-around transportation app which provides bus routes and arrival times, taxi spots, traffic updates, and available parking spaces.
The following apps provide updated job listings, vacancies and salary offers from various industries and can be filtered accordingly to match your criteria for your target job/role. Some notable and reliable apps which you can use are:
Singapore is one of the most visited shopping districts in Asia, but if you don’t have the time to visit shops and boutiques at the mall, the following apps let you in on the latest and trending items and products on sale right in the comforts of your own home through the following apps:
- Lazada: Browse and shop through thousands of home living, beauty, wellness products as well as electronic gadgets using this simple to use app.
- Zalora: Check out and choose from hundreds of local and international brands available in their online catalogue. In-app purchase lets you enjoy free item delivery in Singapore.
- Carousell: An app for buying and selling pre-loved and second-hand items ranging from electronic gadgets to designer pieces.
- GumtreeSG: The app is Singapore’s take on free classifieds website which allows you to easily connect with buyers and sellers in the area, as well as to post paid advertisement for your own products or business.
- Shoppee: Another popular buy-and-sell app for mobile users. Great for searching for awesome bargains and deals.
- Fun and Recreation
If you’re on a travel getaway with family and friends, you can simply check with these apps regarding the most happening places you can drop by to unwind and have fun. Immerse yourself in the Singaporean way of life by mingling with the locals and other expats during your vacant time.
- Culture Explorer: A unique app which functions like a tour guide. Just take a photo of any cool landmark in your area and the app will share other spots worth-visiting within the area.
- Happy Hours Singapore: The app shares some of the nearest bars within your area plus current discounts and promotions offered. Great to have for your friends’ night out.
- Hosay!: Brush up on your Singlish (Singaporean English) and learn phrases so you can talk with thick Singaporean accent and sound like the locals.
- Properties and Investments
You can check out prime places to move into which fits your budget. Get these apps to put your money into good use:
- PropertyGuru iProperty: Find choice properties in Singapore. You can filter your search by location, pricing, number of rooms, etc. to match your preferences.
- Singapore (SG) Stocks: For those of you who want to try your hand at managing stocks, this app lets you monitor important stock activities, company exchanges, and other relevant news.
- Dash Singapore: Always on the go? Don’t let long queues in ATMs delay you from paying your bills and other important purchases. Get the Dash Singapore app and top up your account with credit you can use to pay your bills and other transactions.
It’s important to utilize every app for its exact purpose as described above. Living in Singapore has never been this easy, especially when you have apps to guide you and make your stay as convenient as possible.
1 thought on “Must-Have Apps When Living in Singapore”
Comments are closed.