Being one of the Philippines’ largest and leading commercial banks, BDO has developed a variety of banking products and services to cater to a wide range of market both in the Philippines and overseas.
For Filipinos working and living in their home country, BDO has proved itself time and again that it has one of the best services in terms of convenience, speed, and security. This is the same approach which BDO aims to impress on Filipinos working abroad and to their families back home. In this regard, BDO has created a specialized OFW savings account uniquely designed for our “kababayan” working in other parts of the world. If you would like to know more about the requirements, procedures, and features of BDO’s Kabayan Savings Account, continue to read…
Applying for a BDO Kabayan Peso Savings Account
Opening a BDO Kabayan Savings Account entitles users to the following perks and services:
- A Php 100 initial deposit to open a Kabayan peso savings account. It’s USD 100 for a dollar savings account.
- No maintaining balance required, but there must be some kind of account activity (deposit or remittance) for at least once a year to keep the account active or else it will become a regular savings account with a (higher) maintaining balance of Php 5,000.
- Fast remittance transactions back home.
- Choose between a free BDO ATM debit card or passbook for your Kabayan Savings Account
- Members are nominated for free accident and life insurance
- Earn BDO Rewards points from your savings and remittances.
- Set up your insurance and loan payments through the Auto-debit arrangement (ADA) feature available for this type of account.
- Any of the following valid IDs:
- Driver’s License
- Postal ID
- PRC ID
- Philhealth card
- SSS ID / GSIS ID
- HDMF ID
- OWWA ID
- Barangay Certificate / Clearance
- NBI / Police Clearance
- NSO-issued birth certificate
- Senior Citizen’s Card
- Company ID (i.e. BSP, SEC, or from any IC-registered companies)
- School ID
- One (1) pc. 1 x 1 photograph
- The Php 100.00 (peso savings) or $100.00 (dollar savings) initial deposit fee
- Go to your preferred BDO branch and proceed to the new accounts desk with all the required documents at hand.
- Advise the bank officer that you would like to open a Kabayan Savings Account. You will be given a set of application forms that you need to completely fill out. Make sure that all the information you include in your application form is correct and free from errors.
- Once you’re done filling out all the forms, submit them along with all the required documents listed above including the initial deposit fee. You will be issued a deposit slip that you will need for the collection of your ATM card and account documents on the date instructed by the bank officer.
Note: Verification and processing an account usually takes about 3-5 banking days.
- Upon receipt of your ATM card or passbook, it is highly advisable to enrol your account with BDO’s phone or online banking services to maximize your banking experience.