If you’re coming home for vacation or are in need of a savings account where you can send your remittances for your family in the Philippines, a good place to start is by selecting a local bank where you would like to open an account with. With a number of great and viable options out there, one may ask, what the best or most suitable bank is for you. But the short answer to that would be: It depends. Of course, what may be suitable for one would be less ideal for another. And this is the part where you need to do your research.
Among the many options out there, you can apply for a BDO ATM Savings Account. BDO is considered one of the leading banks in the Philippines and if you’ve already to decided sign up for a BDO ATM Savings Account, here are the requirements and basic steps to follow:
Applying for a BDO ATM Savings Account
When you sign up with BDO’s Savings Account, you are entitled to these perks and services:
- Gross Annual Interest Rate of 0.25%
- Minimum Initial Deposit and Maintaining Balance of Php 2,000 only.
- The minimum balance to earn interest is Php 5,000.
- Shop, dine, and pay for your gas using only your BDO ATM Debit Card.
- Enjoy the convenience of withdrawing cash from BDO’s extensive network of ATMs all over the country.
Note: You need to bring the original as well as two (2) copies of the requirements that you will submit for your application.
- Any two (2) of the following valid IDs listed below:
- School or company ID
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- NBI/Police Clearance
- GSIS ID, SSS, Philhealth or TIN Card, etc.
- Two (2) 1 x 1 photographs
- Your Php 2,000 deposit to open your ATM Savings account
Note: A passbook account would require a Php 5,000 balance deposit, so just go for an ATM account.
- Any proof of billing (optional – as this may be required by some BDO branches)
- Visit the nearest BDO branch in your area and proceed to the New Accounts section.
- Inform the bank officer that you would like to open an ATM savings account. You will be given all the necessary forms that you need to fill out for your application.
- Once you have completely filled out all your application forms, make sure to check that everything is correct and that all the information given is free from errors. After, submit all the requirements listed above including the Php 2,000 initial deposit.
- You will be given a deposit slip once the bank officer has accepted your application for review and processing.
Note: Your ATM savings account will be ready for collection and activation after seven (7) banking days or as per notification from your bank.
1 thought on “How to Apply for a BDO ATM Savings Account”
Comments are closed.