Every bank in the Philippines has its own product which is uniquely designed to cater to the needs of OFWs or our “kababayans” working abroad to help them realize their financial goals and ultimately reach financial freedom on top of their regular savings account such as that of BDO’s. Depending on the convenience and the bank’s reputable service, most of us, if not all, have already established our preferences for a bank we would like to work with. Among the leading banks in the Philippines, BPI has proved itself time and again that it has one of the most reliable services when it comes to funds management whether you are in the Philippines or abroad.
With BPI’s premier OFW Savings account, BPInoy, members are given a convenient platform to send remittances, pay their bills, and open a new account wherever they may be in the world. And since it is a savings account, you can use it to save up funds for your future with peace of mind because you can monitor all your account activities online or on your mobile phone. If you’re now ready to open your own BPInoy Savings Account, here’s how:
Applying for a BPI OFW Savings Account
Signing up with BPInoy Savings entitles you to the following perks and services:
- No need for an initial deposit.
- Zero maintaining balance for as long as there is at least one regular remittance transaction every three months.
- Higher interest rates than other regular savings account
- Easy and convenient access to more than 14,000 Megalink, Bancnet, and Expressnet ATMs all over the country.
- Easy cash withdrawals from around 1 million Cirrus-linked ATMs in more than 210 countries all over the world available in the currency of your current location.
- Conveniently open an account right in the comfort of your own home through BPI’s online portal.
- Be on top of your account activities such as monitoring your account balance, paying bills or reloading your phones, and transferring funds through BPI ATMs, BPI Online, Phone, and Mobile Banking services.
- Go cashless when you shop with BPI’s Express Payment System (EPS) at any partner establishment nationwide. Enrolment is not required.
- Any two (2) of the following valid IDs listed below:
- PRC license
- Postal ID
- Driver’s license
- Police / NBI Clearance
- Philhealth ID
- Voter’s ID
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- And many more
- Proof of Billing or any recent Utility bill (electricity, water, internet/landline, credit card bills)
- Two (2) recent 2 x 2 photographs
- If you choose to personally open an account at the bank, you can just visit any BPI branch near your area. Proceed to the New Accounts Section and ask assistance from the bank officer on how to open a BPInoy Savings Account.
- The bank officer will provide you with a set of application forms that you need to fill out completely. Make sure that you double-check all the information you provide in the forms to avoid any hassle in your application.
- Once you have completely filled out the forms, you will need to submit the above-listed documents for the verification and processing of your application.
- Take note of the deposit requirements for your BPInoy Savings Account and make sure to comply accordingly to avoid any penalties.
- Once your application has been accepted and processed, wait for further notifications and instructions from the bank.
Note: This usually takes a day, and sometimes even up to 2-3 days for your account and ATM to be available so please be guided accordingly.
Once you have received your ATM card, you will need to activate your card through any BPI ATMs. After doing so, it would be ideal to enrol your account to BPI’s Mobile, Online, and Phone Banking Services for ease of transactions, as this is becoming a very common thing nowadays.