Kabayan! 2021 is nearing its end, but have you completed your application for your registration for overseas voting? Remember, the filing of application for registration/certification is only until September 30, 2021, so don’t miss this opportunity!
(ALSO READ: Philippine Embassy in SG: Assistance to Filipinos)
If this has escaped your thought for some time now, then you’re in luck because we have prepared here a brief refresher as to how you can process your overseas voter registration/certification to make your vote count for the upcoming May 2022 elections. There’s still time and here’s what you need to do:
Here’s what you Need to Know about the Overseas Voter Registration in Singapore
Under the Republic Act No. 9189, otherwise known as “The Overseas Absentee Voting Act of 2003,” all Filipino citizens based overseas, who are not otherwise disqualified by the law to participate; at least 18 years of age on or before May 13, 2019; and who are registered overseas voters, may join the election of Senators and Party-List Representatives on the same year.
All qualified Filipino citizens based overseas who are not yet registered may file their applications for registration at the nearest Philippine Embassy/Consulate or other registration centres authorized by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC).
To register, the applicant should bring the following documents at the registration site:
- Valid Philippine passport
- An accomplished OV Form No. 1 as endorsed by the COMELEC (also available at the registration site)
- A copy of the Oath of Allegiance or Proof of Philippine Citizenship (for dual citizens)
- A copy of Seaman’s Book (for Seafarers)
How to Register:
- Personally visit any Foreign Service Post (FSP) of the Republic of the Philippines or any authorized registration centre outside the FSP. For those currently in the Philippines, you may also go to the Overseas Voter Registration Centre at the 2nd floor of the Office of Consular Affairs Building, ASEANA Business Park
- Fill out and submit the OV Form No.1.
- Provide the other supporting documents/requirements as specified above.
- Proceed to Biometric capture
Here are some other important details you can refer to:
Commission on Elections
Office for Overseas Voting (COMELEC-OFOV)
Department of Foreign Affairs
Overseas Voting Secretariat (DFA-OVS)
6th Floor South Wing, DFA Main Building
2330 Roxas Blvd., Pasay City
Tel. Nos.: 834-4361; 834-3275; 833-0914
Fax No.: 833-0915
Philippine Embassy in Singapore