If you are looking for your next travel destination overseas, you need not look too far because just within Asia, you can discover a great travel and vacation spot in “mystical” Myanmar. But just like any of your travel plans, say, to the US, Canada, or even in Europe, you will need to apply for a visit visa should you wish to visit Myanmar.
Dubbed as one of the most “mysterious” locations in Southeast Asia, Myanmar is a country with a very unique cultural identity and rich historic background as you would see from their touristic heritage spots such as the Shwenandaw Monastery, Taung Kalat, the Golden Rock, and the Shwedagon (Greater Dragon) Pagoda which you definitely need to check out when in the country.
Appling for a Myanmar Visit Visa in Singapore
You can either apply for a Myanmar Visit Visa through an agency or by directly filing your application at the Myanmar Embassy in Singapore. Should you choose to process your visa personally at the Embassy, here are the requirements and steps that you need to take note of:
- A completely filled out copy of an Entry Tourist Visa Application Form where every page of the form needs to have the applicant’s signature.
- The applicant’s name card or business card, plus a copy of the applicant’s biodata page showing his/her photo.
- A copy of the applicant’s IC/PR/EP/Student Pass (both sides)
- Two (2) recent 1 ½” x 2” in white colour background
- The applicant’s original and valid passport (with at least 6 months validity)
Note: Please take note that that the visa processing officer reserves the right to request for any additional documents or interview for the visa application as needed.
- Book an online appointment at the Embassy of Myanmar in Singapore website. Make sure to have a digital copy of your photo (preferably passport-size) available on your computer upon filling out the booking application form in the system.
- Upon successful appointment online, the system will send you an automated e-mail containing all the forms that you need to download and fill out for your visa application. Allot a day to prepare and completely fill out copies of these forms.
- Prepare all the required documents detailed above, including the application form sent to your e-mail for your appointed date of visit at the Embassy. Make sure to be at the Embassy before opening hours in order to avoid long queues on your appointment date.
Embassy of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar
15, St. Martin’s Drive, Singapore 257996
Hours of Operation: Mondays to Fridays from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tel. No: (65+) 67350209, 67351672, 67355263, 67356576
- Pay the visa application service fee of $35 as instructed by the officer-in-charge.
Important: Please bring an extra $10 for the administration fee that comes with your application although this is not explicitly included in the service fees.
- Once you have submitted all your documents and settled the fees, you will be issued a collection note that you will have to provide at the collections counter for your document/s to be released.
- Return to the Embassy at the specified time for the collection of your documents (passport +visa).
If you are planning to apply for this type of visa, remember to keep the following things in mind as a warning:
- Do not mention that you are working for a newspaper company
- Do not indicate in your application or mention in the interview that you are a media news writer or a journalist.