When it comes to top universal banks in the Philippines, there’s one name that isn’t as popular as the other big banks in the country, but has certainly expanded its scope and reach in the retail and thrift banking services in the Philippines in just a little over two decades of operation.
RCBC or Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation is among one of the country’s top universal banks in terms of its assets and clientele reach. RCBC Savings Bank is a proud member of the Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC), an organization comprised of key players in all the three aspects of Integrated Financial Services (banking, insurance, and investment). With RCBC’s hefty selection of banking products and seasoned approach to banking services, many clients of diverse financial backgrounds have shifted to do banking with RCBC. If you’re interested to know how to open a savings account with RCBC, continue to read…
Applying for an RCBC Savings Account
Applying for an RCBC ATM Savings Account entitles members to do the following perks and services:
- A Php 500 initial deposit and minimum maintaining balance
- A minimum monthly average daily balance (ADB) of Php 25,000 to earn interest at 0.25% per annum.
- Convenient access to your account via ATM or thru the RCBC online banking facility.
- Savings account is available in the following currencies: Philippine Peso, Japanese Yen, US Dollar, and Euro currencies.
- Two (2) copies of your recent 1 x 1 photo
- Any two (2) valid government-issued IDs listed below (original and a photocopy):
- Driver’s license
- Voter’s ID
- Postal ID
- Barangay Clearance
- Police/NBI Clearance
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- And others…
- Proof of billing / Billing Statement (does not necessarily have to be named after you, but the address must be the same with your current address)
- The initial deposit of Php 500
- [NEW] Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Visit the nearest RCBC branch in your area and bring all the above-listed account opening requirements with you.
- Go to the New Accounts section and advise the bank officer that you would like to open a new savings account.
- Fill out the application form from the bank officer. Make sure that you double-check all the details. Once done, submit it together with the required documents.
- The bank officer will review and verify your application form and documents. Once everything has been accepted for processing, you will be instructed to come back within 3 to 5 business days to collect your ATM card and other account documents.