Many have wanted to visit the UK for the reasons mentioned above. Besides, what’s not to love about Big Ben, the London Tower Bridge, and double-decker buses which certainly add to the unique charms of the city. But before you get packing, consider getting yourself a UK tourist visa first… Here’s how:
Also Read: How to Apply for an Australia Tourist Visa in Singapore
Traveling is one of the best experiences you need to invest on as much as you can and for as long as you can. It opens up your eyes to different worldviews and new experiences that are unique to every destination you go to. You get to see new cultures, meet new people, and live a different kind of life from what you have back home.
Applying for a UK Tourist Visa / Visitor Visa in Singapore
After you’ve applied for a Schengen Tourist Visa, the next thing you’ll need is a UK Tourist Visa. The requirements are pretty much the same as with the Schengen Tourist Visa application, but you will only have to apply at the appropriate embassy, as you would expect.
- Your valid and original Passport + photocopy (must be valid for at least 6 months at the date of your travel)
- Your S Pass ID + photocopy
- A passport size photo (in cream or light grey background)
- Your old passports (for your travel record and history during the last 10 years)
- Your certificate of employment or a letter from your company specifying the current position you hold, your monthly salary, the date when you were hired, as well as the length of your leave from work for the purpose of your intended travel.
- Any of these documents to support your financial capacity (i.e. your bank statements during the last 6 months, your financial standing certificate, pay slips, or income tax return – whether personal or for a business)
- Your travel documents which should include your confirmed flight booking, hotel booking/s, travel insurance (must cover the duration of your stay in the UK), and summary of itinerary (optional)
Important: When applying for a certain visa, make sure you do this ahead of time (by as early as 3 months to avoid unnecessary delays with your travel).
- Create an account and fill out your visa application form online.
- Pay for the appropriate visa fee applicable to your visa type. In this case, a standard visit visa in UK would cost you SGD 168.00 per person. This is non-refundble and may vary depending on the current exchange rates.
- Once your application has been accepted and fully accomplished, print our your application form.
- Book an appointment through the VFS Global Website and visit the visa application centre on your scheduled date. The Visa Application Centre in Singapore is located at:
135 Cecil Street,
#08-01 MYP Plaza,
Note: Remember to be at the Visa Application Centre at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time and bring the original and photocopies of your documents needed for your visa application. It would also be helpful to prepare certified translations of all the required supporting documents that are not written in English/Welsh.
Also, you will be required to enrol your biometric data (photograph and fingerprints) at the Visa Application Centre so make sure that you do not have any designs or markings on your fingertips that may affect data collection.
You will also be given the option to receive SMS notifications on the status of your visa application when you visit the visa application centre so make sure to discuss this service with the staff who will assist you. There is an additional SGD 3.00 fee that you need to pay for this service.
Once your application has been reviewed, you will be notified and you may either pick up your documents at the VAC, or have it delivered to you by post (if you selected this option).